Saturday, December 5, 2009

Can you help me figure out what's wrong with my home theatre system?

If that's what you'd call it.



I'm not sure about model numbers but i'll give you a general description first of my setup then tell you the problem.



I've a Philips 32 inch HD TV and a philips dvd player. There's no stand alone amp. The 5.1 speakers run straight of the DVD player. As you could guess the TV is hooked up by a SCART connection.



When i use the speakers for my tv it works fine but the trouble occurs when i use my playstation. I have it connected to the TV through HDMI. When I slect the HDMI imput channel the sound from my Playstation doesn't come through to my speakers. Instead I still get the sound from whatever TV station the TV was tuned to before i selected HDMI.



I thinks it's a problem with the TV because whenever I plug in headphones i have to mute the audio in order to stop the tv from playing through its own speakers.



Anyway, I'd appreciate any help.



Can you help me figure out what's wrong with my home theatre system?violin



It sure does sound like you TV is broken. When you select HDMI it should switch both video and audio and not just video. One other possibility is firmware. HDTV's have turned into mini computers and it is possible the programming in it has gone haywire. You might want to check the manufacturer's web site to see if there are firmware upgrades for your set.

No comments:

Post a Comment