Saturday, December 5, 2009

What movies have you seen lately, either at home or at the theatre that was worth every moment of yo

I am stuck with a weekend of rerun movies on the movie channels I subscribe to..What would be worth my time and money to see now?



What movies have you seen lately, either at home or at the theatre that was worth every moment of your time?headache



Great movies:



The Lord of the Rings Trilogy



The Sixth Sense



A Streetcar Named Desire



To Kill a Mockingbird



One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest



Tea with Musolini



Casablanca



These were good, but not great:



Nanny McFee



Red Eye



_________________________



I just stumbled across a cool new feature offered by IMDB.com called Recommendations. Go to their page for the movie you like, then on the left hand side, second box down called "awards %26amp; reviews" click on "recommendations." For instance, for As Good As It Gets, the users recommend



Awakenings and Rain Man, and their database program recommends Sideways, Used People, American Beauty, Dogma, Terms of Endearment, Todo sobre mi madre, Barefoot in the Park, Cruel Intentions, Chasing Amy, and Danny the Dog. Click on the little yellow icon near the title and go straight to their page so you can read the synopsis and reviews. The also have the general "stars" rating so you can tell if a lot of people thought it was a great movie or not.



What movies have you seen lately, either at home or at the theatre that was worth every moment of your time?paramount theater opera theaterNo offense GMM.. I appreciated the effort and the link.. but I've seen most of the list you gave, I was really hopeful on a new release...Thanks anyways Report It


MacSteed.. your answer is the runner up.. I'll have to honor the knight with a review list (as I watch them) on my Blog. Report It


Unless you're looking for foreign films, go see "Pink Panther".



Go. GO before it's too late!!!
I've seen several movies I've really enjoyed and could easily recommend, but you haven't given me any inkling regarding your preferences, CW. Are you looking for a romantic comedy? Are you an action-adventure fan? Sci-fi buff? Do you like thrillers? Clue me in, please!



In lieu of that, I'll try to cover a range of film options for you, ok?



I adored 'Dear Frankie,' a wee Scottish film that touched my heart and will likely touch yours, as well. I know you work with developmentally challenged people, and Frankie is a deaf child... but there is a lot more to him, and the film, than that. The Glaswegian accents may prove tough for the uninitiated but I am fluent in all British accents so it presented no problems for me. You can always hire me as your personal translator if ya like? My rates are quite reasonable, honestly. :)



I can also recommend two excellent political/spy thrillers: 'The Constant Gardener' and 'Munich.' Both are brilliantly acted and directed, so if this is a genre that interests you, you cannot lose with either or both of these films.



If you're looking for something lighter, try 'Wallace %26amp; Gromit in The Curse of the Were-Rabbit' on for size. I love this series of films and shorts and they are both beautifully made and hilariously funny. Kids love them. Adults love them. I love them. You will too. :)



I hope this helps. If you end up seeing any of my recommendations, pray do let me know what you thought, ok? Happy viewing!
Finding Neverland
I asked a similar question....but asked about movies you just couldn't get up from. Honestly the only movie I would spend 12 dollars plus for is FAILURE TO LAUNCH...yes it got bad reviews, yes it has no substance BUT damn....its Terry Bradshaw (AAAAAh you were all waiting for me to mention MM weren't you)....and yes it does have MM..but the whole idea of the movie makes me smile cuz I kinda never want my daughter to leave....butttttt haven't experienced it yet. So go see and tell me how it went..I can't afford movies anymore, my daughter still lives at home!
Theater: She's the Man



Home: The Quiet Man
Lost and Delirious
v for vendetta, Joyeux noel
I would suggest I love Hukabees if you enjoy quirky intresting films very different and quite funny at times which also makes you think. I love it. hope you do 2 I would love to know if you enjoyed it.
oh ive seen elektra at home..i love it
the warriors

No comments:

Post a Comment