Saturday, December 5, 2009

I am looking for a fun upbeat musical theatre or standard to sing as an encore. any suggestions?

I was thinking Night and day, fly me to the moon , or in the still of the night? I am a operatic Dramatic soprano but I love standards too! Your sugestions would be helpful!



I am looking for a fun upbeat musical theatre or standard to sing as an encore. any suggestions?concert venue



What about 'Sing for Your Supper' from The Boys From Syracuse?



You might also want to think about 'Food for Thought' from Villa Lobos' musical, Madgalena. It's hilarious and perfect for a dramatic soprano. The only problem is that it's a little obscure, although that could work in your favour.



I am looking for a fun upbeat musical theatre or standard to sing as an encore. any suggestions?events opera theater



"love changes everything" by Andrew llyod weber
Well, there are about a bazillion upbeat songs for you, my Soprano friend (I'm an Alto 2 myself, and having issues finding stuff low enough for me) I would suggest 'Out Tonight', from RENT, especially if you don't have to worry about little kids hearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment