Saturday, December 5, 2009

What is your impression of someone majoring in Theatre?

My impression is they are getting a liberal arts degree in a fun and fascinating field. A theater degree (like my economics degree) will probably not be of specific use when it comes time to actually earning a living. Maybe - but those are exceptionally talented or exceptionally lucky people and more likely a combination of the two. Anyhow theater is as challenging as any other major and college is the time to explore what you love. Do it!



What is your impression of someone majoring in Theatre?ms stress



I'm sorry, I don't do impressions.



Are you asking what would come to mind if you told me you were majoring in Theatre? I think I would expect to see you on Broadway, I would expect you to know things about stage lighting, different plays, I would expect you to love acting.



What is your impression of someone majoring in Theatre?home theater system opera theater



Theater majors are normally cool people here. Kind of quiet in the more academic classes but definitely outgoing and happy.
Do You want fries with that?
Really now.



Most people look at acting and philosophy as major wastes of time.



Why?



Acting is a hit or miss profession and there was a time when in order to be an actor you had to be a prostitute as well. Perhaps, they are picturing you naked, hence the "Ooooohs".



As for philosophy, it qualifies you to do nothing but ask questions. Unless you stay in school for the rest of your life that is a wasted talent, that is of course unless you get paid on this site. Are you getting paid on this site? I didn't think so.



Next time they ask tell them you are studyng to be a proctologist. That way they will be careful not to show their behinds to you.



Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment