Thursday, December 10, 2009

I need some help setting up my home theatre....?

I have my computer hooked up to my TV so I can watch MPG's and other computer formatted files on the big screen. At present, I have a N-vidia 128 MB AGP8x video card with VGA and S-video out. The computer is hooked to TV using S-video cable. I have a wireless keyboard and mouse so I can sit on the couch and use the computer. When watching Downloaded movies and such on the big screen, everything is fine. But....when I try to check e mail, etc., the picture is a little blurry and Text is difficult to read. Will replacing my computer's video card to one with 128 MB AGP "DVI out" and DVI cord(my TV has "DVI in") make the TV picture as sharp as that on my 17" computer monitor? More specific, will the text and e mails suddenly appear on the 50" big screen just as sharp as they do on my traditional 17" flat screen computer monitor? BTW....my motherboard does not have PCI express slot and does not appear to be able to handle a 256 MB AGP video card. My TV is capable of 1080 dpi HD.



I need some help setting up my home theatre....?ballet



YOu ARE like me even down to the same Nvidia card!



I also have it hooked to my TV using the S-video cable.



When I got a widescreen TV it looked messed up.



Can't answer this though, I'm still working on it myself.



I need some help setting up my home theatre....?globe theater opera theater



I doubt it would help.. since you do have a graphic card.



anyways the technology you are talking is of very recent ones so there are still in transient state. and does not have a way of making the web more TV friendly



or having a lot of text to display up on tv...



All i can say is take a break form the 50" monster and check on comp after an hour or so...



or try the DVI cable..



But I DO think that your tv/comp has ENOUGH graphics to display but are just not ready for text.



I just have a suggestion ... Try WinXP Media center edition.. or hang on for couple of months and try win vista



the Media Center does have some good interface and meant for browsing things on tv (except yet for email, it is not there)



the SECOND best option is get a PROJECTOR /ones they use for presentations and hook that up to Computer, because that would and can do displaying....



though not as great as your 50"

No comments:

Post a Comment